Before joining SOTRU, Laura wrangled stories in the wild west of public radio freelancing, reporting for The World, Latino USA and others. She won a Third Coast Silver Award for Best Documentary for her story Goat on a Cow, which aired on WNYC’s Radiolab in 2006. Laura got her start in radio learning from the incredible team at WNYC’s (now-defunct) The Next Big Thing. As an educator, she has shared her love for radio and file organization with students ages 12 to 65 at places like North Country Public Radio, the City University of New York, NPR’s Next Generation Radio and outLoud Radio in San Francisco. Since coming on board at SOTRU, her reporting has been recognized by the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association. Laura was a 2011-2012 Rosalynn Carter Fellow for Mental Health Journalism. She serves on the board of the Association of Independents in Radio, and is an incoming 2013-2014 Knight-Wallace Fellow at the University of Michigan.
- RT @Al_Letson: Photo: Hanging out with Ed one last time for @sotru #murrows (at Gotham Hall) http://t.co/mpTYexAKniOctober 12, 2015, 5:48 pm
- RT @ThirdCoastFest: This week on Re:sound 3 stories inspired by the written word. Featuring @timkeyperson, @BBCRadio4 @SOTRU & @RN_CAU http…October 7, 2015, 8:25 am
- RT @KQEDForum: < 10 minutes into the interview w/ @Al_Letson and I've said "wow" three times. He's got some stories. http://t.co/Z0ordg2OK…September 23, 2015, 12:24 pm
- More incredible news for State of the Re:Union! We are honored to announce we’ve won…
- Host Al Letson and the entire State of the Re:Union staff attended the 74th Annual…
- In the last episode of State of the Re:Union, the team brings you a collection…
- Host Al Letson Announces Final Season