- We are thrilled to announce that, for the second year in a row, State of the Re:Union has been honored with an Edward R. Murrow Award. Our episode, The Hospital Always Wins, was awarded Best News Documentary by the Radio…
- Al and the rest of the SOTRU crew have been traveling across the country to bring you an incredible season of shows. Five brand-new episodes are coming your way in May - here's what we've been working on:
- RT @tinaantolini: This afternoon, I met 93-year-old Robina Asti, a pilot, WW II vet & transgender woman. Hear her on a new @SOTRU soon. htt…July 11, 2014, 5:07 pm
- Check out our great pics from the road by following us on @instagram http://t.co/6mpvR8guZTJuly 10, 2014, 9:32 am
- RT @ashleyrockwell: As I get ready to move across the country I have been loving the show, @SOTRU which also takes me across the country w/…July 8, 2014, 4:26 pm
From the very first moment we heard Al Letson in PRX’s Public Radio Talent Quest we knew he was defining a new sound. State of the
Re:Union has become an essential source of creative stories that reexamine and reconnect our communities.
— Jake Shapiro, Executive Director, PRX
State of the Re:Union uses sound-rich storytelling to explore social issues that go beyond the city that Al is visiting. Production is always top-notch. Al Letson’s tone and pace are perfect.
— Franny Bastion, Program Director, Vermont Public Radio
With its focus on fostering dialog, furthering community and showcasing educational issues, State of the Re:Union reflects the values in WJCT’s mission. We are proud to take the lead in making this program possible, both for our local listeners and the vast listening audience across the U.S. that have come to enjoy the series since its inception.
— Michael Boylan, President & CEO, WJCT
“Creating community starts with genuine interest in the people around you. State of the Re:Union models the curiosity and open-heartedness public radio should stand for, and never forgets the beat.”
— Matt Martin, General Manager, KALW Radio, San Francisco