- More incredible news for State of the Re:Union! We are honored to announce we’ve won our third national Edward R. Murrow award. It’s a three-peat! Our Trans Families episode took home the News Documentary award by the Radio Television Digital…
- Host Al Letson and the entire State of the Re:Union staff attended the 74th Annual Peabody Awards at Cipriani Wall Street in Manhattan on May 31st. The Peabody Awards celebrate excellence in media and stories that matter. SOTRU’s 2014 season…
- RT @JBJAlexa: How @al_letson, formerly of @SOTRU, is looking to change the world http://t.co/syGt6e90hn http://t.co/HOhmovsnowJuly 17, 2015, 10:01 am
- RT @reveal: First up, from @Starecheski: "Bayard Rustin: Who is this man?" via @SOTRU: http://t.co/zz0dWDb3f2 http://t.co/kK2HpDP1phJuly 16, 2015, 2:19 pm
- RT @reveal: We're celebrating #10yearsofpodcasts with a day of staff picks! We'll share one every hour.July 16, 2015, 2:19 pm
From the very first moment we heard Al Letson in PRX’s Public Radio Talent Quest we knew he was defining a new sound. State of the
Re:Union has become an essential source of creative stories that reexamine and reconnect our communities.
— Jake Shapiro, Executive Director, PRX
State of the Re:Union uses sound-rich storytelling to explore social issues that go beyond the city that Al is visiting. Production is always top-notch. Al Letson’s tone and pace are perfect.
— Franny Bastion, Program Director, Vermont Public Radio
With its focus on fostering dialog, furthering community and showcasing educational issues, State of the Re:Union reflects the values in WJCT’s mission. We are proud to take the lead in making this program possible, both for our local listeners and the vast listening audience across the U.S. that have come to enjoy the series since its inception.
— Michael Boylan, President & CEO, WJCT
“Creating community starts with genuine interest in the people around you. State of the Re:Union models the curiosity and open-heartedness public radio should stand for, and never forgets the beat.”
— Matt Martin, General Manager, KALW Radio, San Francisco